Here at the Alport we celebrate true diversity and teach mutual respect for each other.
We are a loving, caring community of students, teachers, parents, brothers, sisters, carers and others. When we stand together, we stand as one. We choose to celebrate diversity.
We Want To Banish Bullying!
Bullying is a problem that affects lots of children in the UK. At Malpas Alport Primary School we beleive that nobody has the right to hurt other people mentally or physically.
What is Bullying?
As a school, we believe that bullying is constant or repeated negative behaviour that can hurt someones feelings or hurt them physically. It could be an individual or a group of children who are bullying. We found out that anyone could be a bully and anyone could be bullied.
We know that there are many different types of bullying. We have talked about:
- Cyber Bullying
- Prejudice-based Bullying
- Discriminatory Bullying
- Direct Bullying
- Indirect Bullying
At Malpas we believe that if you see an incidence of bullying you must tell.
SEE IT, TELL IT! SPEAK OUT.
If you feel like you are being bullied then STOP:
For more information here are some useful website links.
The following links may provide additional support to children, staff or families.
- Anti-Bullying Alliance: www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
- Childline: www.childline.org.uk
- Family Lives: www.familylives.org.uk
- Kidscape: www.kidscape.org.uk
- MindEd: www.minded.org.uk
- NSPCC: www.nspcc.org.uk
- PSHE Association: www.pshe-association.org.uk
- Restorative Justice Council: www.restorativejustice.org.uk
- The Diana Award: www.diana-award.org.uk
- Victim Support: www.victimsupport.org.uk
- Young Minds: www.youngminds.org.uk
- Young Carers: www.youngcarers.net
- Childnet: www.childnet.com
- Internet Watch Foundation: www.iwf.org.uk
- Report Harmful Content: https://reportharmfulcontent.com/
- UK Safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk
- The UK Council for Internet Safety (UKCIS): www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ukcouncil-for-internet-safety
- DfE ‘Cyberbullying: advice for headteachers and school staff’: www.gov.uk/government/publications/preventing-and-tackling-bullying
- DfE ‘Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying’: www.gov.uk/government/publications/preventing-and-tackling-bullying
- Changing Faces: www.changingfaces.org.uk
- Mencap: www.mencap.org.uk
- Anti-Bullying Alliance Cyberbullying and children and young people with SEN and disabilities: www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/all-about-bullying/atrisk-groups/sen-disability
- DfE: SEND code of practice: www.gov.uk/government/publications/send-code-of-practice-0- to-25 Race, Religion and Nationality
- Anne Frank Trust: www.annefrank.org.uk
- Kick it Out: www.kickitout.org
- Report it: www.report-it.org.uk
- Stop Hate: www.stophateuk.org 10 theeducationpeople.org
- Tell Mama: www.tellmamauk.org
- Educate against Hate: www.educateagainsthate.com
- Show Racism the Red Card: www.srtrc.org/educational
- Barnardo’s LGBTQ Hub: www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our_work/lgbtq.htm
- Metro Charity: www.metrocentreonline.org
- EACH: www.eachaction.org.uk
- Proud Trust: www.theproudtrust.org
- Schools Out: www.schools-out.org.uk
- Stonewall: www.stonewall.org.uk Sexual Harassment and Sexual Bullying
- NSPCC ‘Report Abuse in Education’ Helpline: 0800 136 663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAW): www.endviolenceagainstwomen.org.uk
- Disrespect No Body: www.gov.uk/government/publications/disrespect-nobody-campaignposters
- Anti-bullying Alliance: Preventing and responding to Sexual Bullying: www.antibullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/all-about-bullying/sexual-and-sexist-bullying
- Anti-bullying Alliance: advice for school staff and professionals about developing effective anti-bullying practice in relation to sexual bullying: https://anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/toolsinformation/all-about-bullying/sexual-and-sexist-bullying/investigating-and-respondingsexual
- Childnet Project DeShame (Online Sexual Harassment and Bullying): www.childnet.com/our-projects/project-deshame